Our Optometrists in Victoria, BC Welcome You!
The Victoria Optometric Association is a local Victoria, BC Association of Optometrists dedicated to the overall eye health of Greater Victoria residents. Our members want to ensure all residents of Greater Victoria have access to the latest in technology, eye health exams, and the best eyewear available. We’re proud to be affiliated with the experienced optometrists Victoria, BC trusts for its ocular health.
We understand the importance of eye health in everyday life. Clear vision for everyone is our goal. Find an optometrist in Victoria, BC, by viewing our list of members.
Representing Optometrists in Victoria
The Victoria Optometric Association is proud to represent optometrists in Victoria, helping them become the best practitioners they can be. We are dedicated to advancing the profession of optometry and enhancing patient eye care.
As a member of the Victoria Optometric Association, your Victoria optometrist will have access to the latest resources, programs, conferences, services, continuing education and benefits available.
As a patient, you will receive the highest standards of eye health and vision care from our Victoria optometrists. We also offer resources, such as our blog, to help you learn more about your eye health.
Interesting Eye Facts
Vision is truly an amazing thing and should never be taken for granted. Here are some amazing eye facts that may help you appreciate your vision a little more:
- The human eye is the equivalent of a 576 megapixel camera. Your iPhone? Only 8 megapixels.
- Half of your brain power is devoted to processing visual information.
- The human eye can distinguish over 10 million colours.
- The fastest moving muscles in the body are in the eyes.
- There are over 200 million working parts in an eye.
- Some women can see several million additional colours compared to their male counterparts.
- Men have a better ability to read fine print.
- According to a research study, all blue-eyed people may be related to one individual some 10,000 years ago.
See? Your eyes are truly amazing. Come visit your Doctor of Optometry today – you’ll be happy you did.
When to Get Your Eyes Screened
Your eyesight is extremely important, so don’t take it for granted. Visiting an optometrist in Victoria should be part of your regular health plan so they can make sure you aren’t losing your vision. If any point on the following list describes you, it’s a sign you should make an appointment with a Victoria optometrist.
- Blurry vision – this could be a sign you need new glasses or that you have ocular health problems, so confirm with your Victoria optometrist.
- Dry eyes – this could be a sign of ocular health issues or an overly dry environment, your Victoria optometrist will be able to determine the issue and provide a solution.
- Time since last appointment – if you haven’t seen an optometrist in over two years, you should make an appointment even if you aren’t experiencing problems with your vision.
- Headaches – the sign of many possible problems, if you get frequent headaches on top of experiencing dry eyes or blurry vision, you should visit an optometrist.
- New glasses – if you want to get new glasses or you think you need your first pair of glasses, you need to visit an optometrist to get the correct prescription.
On top of these reasons, if you are noting changes in visual acuity, visual field, colour vision, or physical changes to the eye, you should be assessed as soon as possible.
Affiliated Professional Organizations
Please be sure to also visit the websites of the College of Optometrists of British Columbia, Doctors of Optometry, and the British Columbia Association of Optometrists.